Sunday, March 23, 2008

You Know You're Getting Old When . . .

. . . at a Bruce Springsteen concert, as you watch him race from one end of the stage to the other and back again, you think, "He could break a hip, jumping around like that."

. . . later, at the same concert, you turn to a friend and on comment how lucky you are to have seats on the aisle, in case anyone needs to go to the bathroom.

. . . glancing around at the crowd, you think, "Maybe we should leave a little bit early to beat the traffic."

. . . you look at the giant monitor above the stage and think, "Hey -- nice picture on that jumbotron."

. . . the next "concert" on your list, one you're really excited about, is in reality an appearance by the host of National Public Radio show.

. . . you start writing like Larry King.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey, I love Terri Gross but I'm not exactly a spring chicken myself. Ira Glass is my all time favorite. How nerdy is that?

Karyn said...

At least you weren't moaning about "these damn kids" and how loud the music is. Being able to get to a bathroom just makes sense. And The Boss should know better than to hop around like it's 1983 and he's courting Courteney Cox in the front row. I mean seriously.
(You are SO not like Larry King. That is just wrong.)

LDP said...

Michelle, if you also like David Sedaris, then you should listen to his CD, Live at Carnegie Hall. He reads a hilarious essay he wrote, called "Why Them?" It's about Terry Gross and Ira Glass.

". . . not like Larry King" That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!! So true! Dead on and really mind boggling. I swore I'd never be one of THOSE people. I am morphing. Blach!

P.S. Sedaris is my favorite

K. said...

i'm going to see Springsteen in Ft. lauderdale in a few weeks.

Something about Florida and The Boss don't quite add up...

Cindy-Lou said...

I left halfway through the last Cure concert I went to because I was TIRED!