Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dear Landlord.


My children have been freeloading for too long now. So, a few weeks ago, I gathered them around me and laid it all out. "If you want to stay under my roof, " I said, "you need to start paying the rent."

I must say, my six-year-old son embraced the idea and has worked hard to earn his keep. One day he came home on the bus from wherever it is that he works (I haven't had a chance to ask) and he had a live chicken in his arms. "I named her Goldie," he told me. "She's nice. She doesn't peck me. Can I keep her?"

"Sure, you can keep her," I answered. "Until dinner."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH! hahahah!

WestEnder said...

Word on the street is that there are more chickens than humans on earth. If this is the case, it's surprising that more kids don't come home with chickens.

Karyn said...

You are a hardass!