Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shopping Fever!

On Monday, before we left New York, my son and I had lunch on the Upper West Side. Our plan was to walk from there across Central Park, get on the subway one last time, collect our bags from the hotel, and head to the airport. Seeking to delay the inevitable as long as I could, I suggested we take a spin through Zabar's, the fantastic food market and housewares store. Good sport that he is, he agreed.

Once inside, our inner conspicuous consumers emerged into the light. Here's what he wanted to buy:



And here's what I wanted to buy:


Yes, it's a $3,300 espresso maker.

Mmmm . . . $300 cup of coffee.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The two purchases would have complimented each other quite well. I love coffee and chocolate together. The only thing better is chocolate and wine.

Anonymous said...

Zabar's coffee is so good! I order it and have it sent here in Cali.