Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things that Annoy Me, part 26.

Mark at The Rambler reminded me that this exists: The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. Unnecessary quotation marks are way up there in my list of pet peeves.

Another pet peeve, you ask? Why yes, in fact, I do have another pet peeve:  the misuse of the phrase, "beg the question." Here, let this quasi-hipster T. Rex explain it.

I nurse my pet peeves and they grow stronger with time. They're superheroes and supervillains; they're my best friends and my worst enemies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want to really feel annoyed? I just skimmed over The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible. Examples of begging the question and other logical fallacies abound ("Are my critics, who are possessed by demons, tampering with the Patriot Act?")

These guys don't even try. . . and, with their readers, they don't have to.

Cindy-Lou said...

You know what I hate about reading other people's pet peeves? Occasionally I will adopt one.

Damn you!