Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Get Sick, Get Well.

What a crazy, crazy summer. When it began with my getting in a fistfight at the pool on Memorial Day weekend, I knew I was in for a strange few months. I told that kid at the snack shack I didn't want my fried cheese microwaved, but he just wouldn't listen.

I have many rare allergies, so you can imagine what a mess I am during June in Cincinnati, what with my wheezing and my spitting and my crying.

July was all right, except for the fireworks mishap. At my age, learning to write left-handed is quite time-consuming, to say the least.

In August, the temperature here didn't drop below 105, not even for a moment, but we Cincinnatians love our weather-talk, so I wouldn't have had it any other way. Towards the end of the month, my family and I went to King's Island, an amusement park. This was cool for any number of reasons, not the least of which being that they have their own Eiffel Tower thingy out there, so now I don't have to go to Italy to see the real one. Plus, I guess it was muscle shirt-and-tattoo day for the men, so that worked out well for me.

And best of all: corndogs!

3 comments:

K. said...

ah-ha, here you are...

a fistfight? you're too old for fistfights. stop embarrassing your children. though you do look pretty young and hip in your new photo - are you taking botox? or tanning?

LDP said...

You're never too old for fistfights, Katie. No botox here - but I do sleep in a hyperbolic chamber.

Thanks for being my first poster, by the way.

Anonymous said...

you asked me about music...here you go:
http://www.projectplaylist.com/