Friday, September 28, 2007

Notes from Maggie's Farm

My boss storms to the threshold of my office, waving a few sheets of paper in her hand. "What is this?" she yells. "What is this?!"

It crosses my mind that maybe it's time for me to seek other employment. In fact, as I mull over the odd little outburst, I wonder why I didn't have this particular epiphany earlier. Perhaps something should have dawned on me when, during a conversation on her first or second day on the job, she uttered the phrases, "I'm a bulldog," and "There's a new sheriff in town." In one sentence.

I'd always wondered if there were people who actually talked like that. Turns out, there are. Well, there's at least one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was it? Did you print out another naked picture of Jean Schmidt? (That would get me upset!)

Karyn said...

Go west, young man. Or east.
Or north, or south, or anywhere that gets you out of an environment like that, cos I've learned a thing or two about working for nettling control freaks who pride themselves on being self serving, self important, egocentric petty tyrants, and it all boils down to SAVE YOURSELF, SOONER RATHER THAN LATER.

Just my two cents.

Misplaced said...

Karyn-
Tell him to quit his job and move to Europe- his kids can learn to pick pockets! He wont listen to me.

K. said...

"bulldog?" "new sheriff?"

I love hearing these stories....it reminds me how wonderful and how lucky and how great i have it....my bosses are fun, and smart, and encouraging, and if they yell, its only at our opponents, and they let me take 3 day weekends to see Tiger playoff games, and they facilitate me working from anywhere, and every once in a while they take me golfing on a tuesday afternoon, or toss me 8th row floor seats to the Knicks game .

She sounds like Jan from The Office.

I agree - go for that Paris option...