Saturday, October 27, 2007

One More Cup of Coffee.

I was supposed to leave for Chicago last night after work, but I was wiped out. I'd really forgotten what's it's like to be new to a job. So far, the people seem really nice, but there are so many of them. And so much work! On the bright side, I'm only 20 years away from retirement. So close, I can taste it.

Now it's time for me to start driving to Chicago. As usual, the long lonesome road will tempt me to a life of long-haul trucking: black coffee; cb radio; and speed. For this weekend, though, I'll stick to the plan -- early drinks and dinner with my wife and friends, then Elvis Costello and Bob Dylan at the Chicago Theatre. Listen for my squeals.

2 comments:

K. said...

a good way to celebrate...hope your hearing came back to you...

Panic in New York said...

Oh yes, the drive to Chicago from Cincy. When else can you stare at absolutely nothing for 4 hours and then drop down into the whirling traffic maelstrom of Chi town. I had some of my best and worst ideas on that drive.
Peace, love and Understanding.