Saturday, October 6, 2007

So I Hocked My Sailor Suit.

First off - my urine is clean! So says LabCorp, although I could have told them that. Just held that cup up to the light, swirled it a bit . . . well, you know the drill. I'm not telling you anything you don't know, right?

The test result cleared the way to a new job, which means the opportunity to redesign my look. I know what you're saying -- don't paint over the Sistine Chapel ceiling! -- and you make an excellent point. Rest assured, I'm not talking about an extreme makeover or anything; my brow is already youthful and smooth as glass, my lips deliciously pouty. No, what I want to do is reassert myself with a look that emphasizes my intellectualism, my urban hipness, my hip urbanness, and of course my to-the-very-core sexiness.

And what could do that better than a new pair of glasses? After an exhaustive search, I'm down to two frames that I think really complete my image. Here they are:

The "Harry Caray"
or

The "Uncle Jun"

I know, I know . . . they're both so hot that it's not even fair. I rock a pair of jumbo eyeglasses like not too many other guys can. So which should I get? As a a little token of my appreciation for your opinion, here's a naked picture of me. No credit card necessary.

7 comments:

K. said...

you stole that dough boy from your old blog, i think...

(either i have a great memory, or have a weird subconscious association of you and pillsbury)

since the cubs have retired for the season, so should those HarryCarey glasses...

Misplaced said...

Either one of those glasses will go with the mullet you are undoubtedly growing for the new job because you only have one chance to make a first impression. The mullet is great because it's all business in the front and all party in the back. Rock on Free Bird!!!!...and don't forget to play it pretty for Atlanta.

Karyn said...

A hat + a scarf? That's not naked. I want my money back. This is no way to start your new career.

And for the love of all that is holy and fashionable, please remove both pairs of glasses, place them on the floor and jump up and down on them repeatedly until all that remains is a little pile of decimated plastic shards.

Please.

Otherwise, I think you're good to go.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered Lasik? I'll second the Harry glasses if not.

LDP said...

You know, I look at those pictures and realize I don't have the cute little button nose I thought I had.

WestEnder said...

Have you seen The Eiger Sanction?

Get the glasses Clint Eastwood wore. People will see you and think, art professor or assassin?

Misplaced said...

There are an awful lot of Bob Dylan referrences in your post titles. A few Wham quotes would be ok too. It is true that 'guilty feet have got no rhythm.'